Monday, November 2, 2009

Chemo- day 1

Today was Adam's first day of chemo. He had a spinal tap done followed by an injection of chemo into his spine. He'll start his first infusion of chemo in about 30 minutes. He's getting Vincristine, Adriamycin, and Velcade. He'll have to get the other side of his port accessed as well, since they only accessed one side in the OR. His pain is much better controlled, thanks to Oxycodone. He has nausea off and on.

On the home front, I've moved into survival mode. I'm getting rid of the car that has payments on it and considering a less expensive place to live. I'm trying to cut back wherever I can. Mama's tightening the reins!

I am so thankful to have so many people praying for us! Several people have offered to bring us food, for which I am very grateful. We've even had offers of blood, plateletsn and bone marrow! It's amazing how people come together in times of crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment